Thursday, March 28, 2019

March 28, 2019: 1:00-2:00

Today I went to Jones class, but a little earlier than the time I usually do. I usually try to go around 2:00-3:00ish, which is when Mrs. Johns tells me she needs the most time. However, today I had to come in earlier than usual. Another girl in my class, a sophomore like myself, was there as well so it worked out very smoothly and nicely. We were able to simultaniesouly help the first student, Jay, with his business homework by helping him look up terms and compound his ideas together.

Halfway through the class period, we moved onto to math and helped Emma and Audrey with their math homework. Although not my strength, I helped them with factorials and Algebra 2. As I begin to tutor more, I have gotten closer with my students and been able to facilitate a fun learning environment. More so we are moving away from the typical conversations of "whats your favorite color" or "what is your favorite subject" and instead talking about topics with more depth. This is very exciting because I feel as if I am making progress with the students and actually making a difference.

Today was a good day because I got to talk to students, while also helping them with their work. It is important as a teacher, I have learned, to not only focus on schoolwork because this will only distance students. It is important to also create relationships with students because this in turn can help motivate them to try and do well in school because they will feel you are more approachable as a teacher,.














*all names have been altered for purposes of privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT I LEARNED

Over my 15 hours and many months of tutoring at Classic City High I learned tons:  1. You can't help every student  Some students you...