Monday, April 15, 2019

April 10, 2019: 3:00-4:00

Today Mrs. J's class worked on Romeo & Juliet characterization. I was excited to help today because I have done Romeo & Juliet in high school and really enjoyed the play. The 10th grade class was working on figuring out who the main characters in the play were and what their direct and indirect characterizations were. Many of the students hadn't even read the play- yet their assignment was to direct and analyze the characters. I think that the teacher does everything she can to motivate the students- she is kind, helpful, and motivating- but if a student doesn't do an assignment you can't force them. The student I worked with hadn't read the play yet so it was difficult to help her with characterization but I did my best to explain her the difference between direct and indirect and how Shakespeare differentiates between the two.

The day overall was not very hectic- it is important to note that many days in an education setting may be slow and filled with lots of reading and writing but this is vital to student's learning.I am excited to spend more time in Mrs. Johns class. She is a great teacher and really motivates her students. I can tell that she never gives up on her students. When they don't want to do their assignment she continues to motivate them and tell them to keep trying.









*all names have been altered for purposes of privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT I LEARNED

Over my 15 hours and many months of tutoring at Classic City High I learned tons:  1. You can't help every student  Some students you...